Drawing What You See

Drawing what you see is probably the most important advice any artist should know. If your not drawing what you are actually seeing then the subject you are drawing is not going be accurate and you are probably in many cases going to become frustrated and want to quit drawing altogether. Knowing how to draw proportions well takes time to master, but with much practice it can become second nature for anyone who has the desire and patience to draw for long periods of time. It took me forever to understand how to make drawing people easier for myself. I just didn't wake up knowing; I had to practice alot and honestly I still have alot of practicing to do; although I have improved alot over the years.

The artist who remains consistent draws without worry, and has excellent vision when it comes to perfecting the skill of sketching in a quick manner because he has a goal and is destined to reach it no matter how long it takes. I love timed sketches because they force you to draw as much as you can in a limited amount of time. Plus many people, including myself in such cases draw better under pressure. Light, quick strokes are the key to drawing fast while focusing on the subject you are drawing.

Comments

Popular Posts